Stephen Ministry recognizes the brokeness in all of us...
and helps to bring Christ's healing to us through each other.
A Stephen Minister is...
- a caring Christian - desiring to offer support to others in time of need
- a sharing Christian - bringing who he/she is to each helping relationship, as a partner in another's life experiences
- a trained Christian - having developed helping skills through intensive coursework
- a dedicated Christian - one committed to confidential, in-depth caring
A Stephen Minister is not...
- a professional pastor, therapist, counselor, or psychologist
- a social worker providing lots of physical services
- an expert in law, finance, church doctrine, etc.
- a brief, superficial visitor 'touching base' with people now and then
Can a Stephen Minister help you? Do you need help?
- Have you recently suffered a loss?
- Are you new in the community and feeling uprooted?
- Do you doubt God's presence and love for you?
- Do your job worries seem too great to handle? Are they getting you down?
- Are you, or someone you love, facing hospitalization or surgery?
- Are you feeling depressed? Do you often wish you had someone to share your thoughts with?
- Are you confused about events in you life?
- Are you hurting?
If you are in need of a Stephen Minister, or know someone who is please call 708-448-5220 or email Jill Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Stephen Ministries, please visit their website at www.stephenminstries.org.
Stephen Ministry/HEROES Care Workshop 8am - 4pm Saturday
Sat, May 06, 2017
Stephen Ministry Meeting First and Third Thursday 7:00 p.m.
Thu, May 18, 2017